Tuesday, August 02, 2005

#13

Tuesday

Leo: Ok so it is tuesday, i got up at 7 and the first thing i thought of was - i am going to have to do this 5 days after i get home to maine for my school lol. I arrived at school and went to the english department and met all the other exchange students. Around 8ish, we went to a huge room and the whole high school was there waiting to meet us. We got introduced and they gave us ties and pins to feel more like one of them in their school. They were all very welcoming. After that, all of us went back to the english department and took many picture. Hopefully all of you back home will see them. Well i am going to go because we are discussing field trips while we are here....I hope you all are having a great WARM summer in Maine lol. See you in school. Peace 1
Hasta Luego
::Leo::

LEIGH:
Chileans think it´s pretty funny when we say the word, ¨Brownie.¨ Some of the students laugh at the most random things... I´ve gotten corrected a few times for calling myself an ¨American,¨ because in South America, people considered themselves Americans, too, and like to call us ¨gringas,¨ ¨norteamericanas,¨ or ¨estadounidences.¨

Florencia´s mom is now my official ¨profesora,¨ so she corrects me if I mess up a verb or use the wrong word, etc... People are more relaxed about PDA´s here. (They don´t shake hands in Chile; they give each other light little kisses, besitos.) I went to a juntas, which is a
little party without dancing, just so people can catch up with each other. I met some of Florencia´s friends in and outside of the school, and was even able to help them out with their English work, which was kind of cool.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home