Wednesday, July 27, 2005

#10
* SANTIAGO de CHILE *

We arrived about 7:30 this morning. It took a litle while to get through custom but not bad at all, really. The flight was long and most of us got little to no sleep. Once I arrived at ´home´, I had some tea and toast and went to bed for a nap. I´m feeling the after blahs now, but tomorrow should be much better. I´m sure the girls are the same.

At the airport, the girls disappeared quickly after we got thru customs and took some pictures from the ´welcoming committee´. One dad was taking video .. and the girls felt like the paparazzi was after them! Anyway, they disappeared quickly so the 10 minute before talk about ´nerves´must have vanished in all the attention. Flowers, welcoming signs, pictures, excitement, a great feeling of welcome here. No one cast long last glances as they took off with their families ... I´ve sent out an email already, and told them to call me anytime they need.

Just had a great supper - typical South American chicken soup with veggies, potatoes, and cilantro. A small cup of vino tinto (red wine) and so far that´s it. The boys of my family are very entertaining - the conversation at the table never faltered. I´m still getting used to the speed and the accent that is different from Ecuador´s. I wish I could see how the girls are doing.

Everyone here is on school vacation. So we´re all just relaxing. Just what I need today. I already have invitations to take off with other teachers and families later this week. We´re in school classes on Monday. I´ll see ALL the girls for sure then. Still ... seems like a long way from now. (Wed)


It´s still hard to believe we´re here in Chile!

I´m off for now ' just wanted to d rop a note. If the punctuation comes out weird, it´s because it´s in different places on this keyboard ... there´s no double quote marks either, since Spanish uses the <> for quotes.

¨¨ Dubi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home